Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
When it comes to the Z97 chipset, there's really no need for us to cover our thoughts on it again. If you're interested in learning more about our thoughts on it, then I recommend that you head over to the Final Thoughts in our ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 review. So, saying that, let's get stuck into what we think of the ASRock Z97 Extreme4 here today.
Coming in at around the mid $100 mark, the ASRock Z97 Extreme4 comes in considerably cheaper than the ASUS offering we looked at. While the board does indeed lack some of the flair of the SABERTOOTH offering, ASRock has still put together a great motherboard. Out of the box, the numbers are very similar between both boards, and the ASRock Z97 Extreme4 actually offers slightly better memory performance that lines up with the Z87 like we'd expect.
With the board not being a full bundle, there's not much we can say to that; instead, we'll move straight onto the board. The Z97 Extreme4 from ASRock isn't flashy. It doesn't look bad, but it does lack some of the bells and whistles of some of the other boards I have sitting behind me. Priced appropriately, though, that isn't an issue, and when it comes to performance, it performs well as we just mentioned.
In terms of features, we're also looking pretty good with both SATA Express and an M.2 connector on the board. It's no doubt these two features are going to be something storage enthusiasts will love, especially considering the aggressive price tag on the board.
One area that the Z97 doesn't shine so much is the overclocking side of things. Again, though, due to the more simple design of the cooling solution, it doesn't surprise us our 4770K doesn't overclock as high. If you're looking at something on the overclocking side, there's no denying that the Z97 OC Formula from ASRock may be something that you're eyeing.
Wrapping everything up, ASRock has put together a nice motherboard that comes in at a good price point. Its out-of-the-box performance is in line with more expensive options, as you'd expect, and the features on the board are nice. If you want to do a bit of overclocking, not spend too much money, and have a board that is just all around solid, then there's no denying that the Z97 Extreme4 is an attractive option. If you're looking for something else, though, keep an eye out for more Z97 boards coming over the next few weeks.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Z97 Extreme4 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASRock Z97 Extreme4 retails for $173.25 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015