File Transfer Speeds
In our file transfer test, we use a single 4GB ISO file and transfer it from test system one to our second test system via the network. To eliminate any bottlenecks, each system is utilizing a Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD.
Here we have the results from our file transfer testing with the 818DRU. As you can see, this router did quite well. Overall, the router produced excellent real-world transfer speeds through all wired and wireless setups. LAN was able to hit the 111 MB/s mark, while 802.11ac touched 74 MB/s.
The TRENDnet 818DRU is quite the router, and one that certainly surprised me. Coming off the high that was the R7000 from Netgear, having a router that features internal antennas perform so well is pretty amazing.
Alas, we must first talk build quality, where the TRENDnet uses a very nice BOM. The plastics of this unit aren't what we typically find with routers and it feels like TRENDnet chose to use a flexible plastic that carries a slight amount of bounce. This should help with durability as the plastics aren't so rigid that a sudden drop would crack the unit.
On to performance, which is where I found the router rather impressive. Throughout all testing, the 818DRU was near the top of the charts, and if we focus on the real-world file transfers, then you will see that the 818DRU could possibly be the overall best router on the market at this point.
MSRP for the TRENDnet 818DRU is listed at $179.99 with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the TRENDnet 818DRU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The TRENDnet 818DRU retails for $179.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset