Range extenders have been a part of wireless networking since the beginning. While most of us can get by with a router, for those that have large areas to cover, or want increased speeds at long ranges, these devices fit the bill. Amped Wireless has a great history with their line of wireless range extenders, and not just in the traditional networking arena, but also with the hobby market and RC helicopters.
The Amped Wireless REA20 is a dual band 802.11AC range extender, built upon the same platform as the RTA15 we looked at a few months back. In fact, to differentiate between the two, Amped has placed the REA20 inside a white enclosure, rather than the black of the RTA15.
Internally, the REA20 features a 2.4GHz radio capable of 802.11n speeds up to 300Mbps, and a 5GHz radio capable of 867Mbps via 802.11ac, both of which are backed by high power amplifiers.
With these capabilities, the REA20 can extend your wireless network an additional 10,000 sq. ft., and provide added wired gigabit ports to nearby devices.
Pricing and Availability
The Amped Wireless REA20 carries a MSRP of $199.99 with a one-year warranty; availability of the range extender is quite high.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless REA20 Dual Band AC Range Extender for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Amped Wireless REA20 Dual Band AC Range Extender retails for $191.82 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- Switch to get 'continuous stream' of third-party games
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives