Inside the CM 690III Bundle
After pulling the side panels and getting a glance inside of the chassis, we see three things worth mentioning now. First, the large box in the middle contains our Seidon 120. The wiring is tied and run through the management holes to keep it from possibly damaging the window. Lastly, the hardware can be found in the lowest HDD tray.
The three 5.25" bays offer easy to use, tool-free clips on this side, while the other side still requires screws. Simply push the button and release the clip, slide in a drive, and reset the clip into the drives holes. For general purposes, there is no need for anything more than these clips.
The HDD cages are set up to have four 2.5" drives at the top, and three 3.5" drives at the bottom. However, the top bays can be widened to 3.5", and the tray will expand as well. Along with those options, you can also choose to remove the top section, or both sections for that matter.
For our needs, we just removed the top section of the bays and left the bottom three in place. We also unblocked a lot of the area behind the 200mm fan that comes with a 3-pin connection, and a Molex adapter to power it.
With the top section of mesh removed, it is much easier to gain access to the screws to mount whatever your choice of fans may be. There is even the possibility of putting a radiator in here, or in the front for that matter, as long as the HDD cages are fully removed.
The motherboard tray has a large access hole to get the back plate on after the motherboard is already installed. There are also seven well placed holes, over ten locations to tie wiring to, and there are also two helper standoffs inserted into the tray to allow the case to be upright while the motherboard is installed.
The floor of the chassis offers four small rubber pads to help isolate the PSU, but there is no gasket at the back. Also, if the PSU isn't too long, there is the option to throw a fan in here as well.
The back of the chassis has a plain black on black 120mm fan installed, but along with the 3-pin connector, it also comes with a Molex adapter for powering options. The seven expansion slots use hex head screws to keep them secured, but the plus on bay gets a thumbscrew.
Behind the motherboard tray there is 15mm of room at minimum, and more like 20mm across most of the tray. Keep in mind, there is more room off to the left, and the case panel has the 5mm bump on it, so there ends up being plenty of room here for anything you want to do.
Not only is all of the case wiring black, but there is plenty of it to get to anywhere in the case. The USB 2.0 and HD Audio / AC'97 audio connections are the longest, with the front panel LED and switch wiring being next in line. The USB 3.0 is the shortest, but it is still able to make connection with our system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015