While we have seen a few gaming mice from both Genius and their sister company GX-Gaming, the script is completely flipped today. While I am usually going on about all the latest and greatest components, along with aggressive, or maybe the ergonomics of a design, there will be very little of that here. What brings us here today is a more plainly designed wireless mouse that also takes on the task of offering travelers a 2-in-1 device that will save room in the bag. Since most people who also carry around a laptop, on extended stays will also take a mouse with them, it seems to make a lot of sense to try to take that to the next level.
Unlike the Amphi-car, which was neither a good car, nor was it a good boat, this design is a melding of parts that make for a great addition to the techies travel kit, or maybe even a great holiday idea. This is because not only do you have a wireless mouse with a short charging cable that is easy to slip into a pocket, it also will give users the ability to charge their cell phones too. This is because inside of the mouse, Genius has installed a Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery inside along with the right charging circuitry that Genius can boast of an 18 month lifespan on the battery when used only as a mouse.
Of course when using it to charge cell phones, this time limit is dropped to a matter of an hour or so to drain the battery into the phone. However, the battery will never totally drain while charging phones because 10% of the battery is left in reserve for mouse functionality.
Today we are looking at the Energy mouse from Genius, and it has been a handy addition to the lab. With a week or so behind us using this mouse with a laptop, and charging my phone from it as much as possible, we now have a good handle on how it works and what sort of times to expect when charging the device or discharging the battery into other devices to where we can bring not only initial impressions, but those from extended use as well. My advice at this point is to take the time to have a look, as the Energy mouse is likely a perfect addition for you or someone you know; you just didn't know it existed until now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Genius Energy Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- Microsoft shipping HoloLens 2, directly into HoloLens 3
- Xbox boss: Microsoft is making new PC exclusive games
- Nintendo Switch retail packaging wastes so much space
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's combat looks amazingly fun
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league