Link Speed by Location
Link Speed by Location offers valuable insight into the working throughput of the router at specific locations.
On the 2.4GHz 20MHz band, the 868L connected at a peak rate of 144 Mbps at all locations, minus location 4 where the rate dropped to 130 Mbps.
Moving to 40MHz, the 868L pulls in 300 Mbps at location one, two, three and five, while location four takes in 270 Mbps.
The 5GHz 20MHz band allowed the 868L to connect at 176 Mbps at location one and two. Following this the router dropped off severely with locations three and four eventually returning to 176 Mbps at location 5.
5GHz 40MHz was able to connect at 400Mbps for the first two locations, a drop off ensued thereafter and again returned at location five.
Firing up the 5GHz 80MHz band the 868L connected at 867 Mbps, after which we find the drop off of the 5GHz band.
Power consumption figures were taken from our Kill-A-Watt meter throughout testing.
The D-Link 868L peaks at 9 watts, after which the unit idled down to 7 watts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [D-Link DIR-868L Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings