If you're looking to upgrade your wireless network's capability to the newly released 802.11ac spec, there is certainly no shortage of products to help. In fact, like the days of wireless N, manufacturers are offering multiple devices, filling each performance niche in the market. While this is a good thing for users that want certain speeds and capabilities, it tends to clog up the market and lead to confusion of "what router do I buy?"
As we mentioned above, 802.11ac has introduced several markets for vendors to fill, and as such they have begun to do so with AC600, 750, 1000, 1200, 1300, 1750 and 1900 routers. At any rate you get the idea, the market has expanded rapidly and even more than ever before.
The D-Link DIR 868L is an AC1750 wireless router, as such it is also the top of the line when it comes to D-Link's portfolio. Capable of 1.3Gbps on the 5GHz band and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band, the 868L certainly offers, in marketing, top tier performance capabilities.
Though, we won't go into too much detail now as we're not quite sure if it has the increased range that makes the upgrade from 802.11n worthwhile.
Let's take a close look.
Pricing and Availability
As of this writing, the D-Link DIR-868L carries a MSRP of $189.99. However, I was able to find at several online retailers it priced at $169.99.
Availability is quite high at this time with Google shopping listing the router at 15 stores.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [D-Link DIR-868L Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti AMP! smile for photos
- EVGA's new GeForce RTX 2080 XC Ultra unveiled
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- Z68 Fatal1ty with Mushkin 2133 RAM errors
- Buy (10) Apple iPhone X $4,490 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada