We ran the standard tests in 3DMark 11 and achieved impressive results.
We had to change the video card driver for Battlefield 4, but the WHQL driver allowed us to submit a result to Futuremark's online database. The CyberPower Zeus EVO Lightning 3000 SE is within the top 3% of all submitted results to the database.
Battlefield 4 Multiplayer
Battlefield 4 - 2560x1600, Ultra Preset, Radeon 13.11 Beta Driver
Sadly, I wasn't expecting to write another full system review after turning over the category to focus on storage products. 4K gaming via 4K resolution monitors are discussed a lot these days, but the prices are still out of reach for most. Even achieving a resolution of 2560x1600 is a costly affair since prices still hover above the $500 price point. It you are using a system like the CyberPower Zeus EVO Lightning 3000 SE, then you want to use it either a high resolution monitor or a triple screen setup.
Here we see three multiplayer matches with the frames per second recorded using FRAPs. This method takes the maximum, average and minimum numbers out of the charts and replaces them with real frame times sampled per second. The test time is roughly an hour of in-game time. The CyberPower system managed to keep the FPS over 60 most of the time with the game's built-in highest setting and at a high resolution.
We did run into an issue while running BF4 for an extended period of time. The system has three 120mm fans blowing air out, but only one 120mm fan pulling cool air in. Battlefield 4 would lock up at what seemed like random at first. After trying several hardware fixes, we eventually looked at cooling. At first we changed the flow direction of the 120mm fan on the back of the case to get more cool air in. That seemed to help, but didn't take care of our problem completely.
Our next step was to add fans to the system. At the bottom of the case we found two places to install 120mm fans. We installed two Noctua 120mm fans at the bottom of the case to pull cool air into the case and that fixed the issue. After additional testing, we discovered that the high TDP CPU was not causing the problem. We needed to get more air to the AMD HD 7990 video card. The two additional fans did manage to get the cool air we needed, but we feel the system should have shipped with fans installed already.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [CyberPower Zeus EVO Lightning 3000 SE]
- Page 3 [Components Close-up]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - System Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CPU and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Storage Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now