QNAP's new QTS 4.0 software is out, now in version 4.0.2 and it's quite the upgrade. I'll be honest though, the first time I worked with the QTS 4.0 it was still in beta and I wasn't an instant fan.
The software was fine, but the extra applications weren't ready yet and it scared me a bit. QNAP has a large add-on software library and most of the existing packages weren't ready during the beta. Now, the packages that were available on 3.8 are converted over and then some.
The new QTS 4.0 software update is more than just a software update. The new package also improves performance. The QNAP TS-669 Pro we're reviewing today uses the same processor and RAM as the TS-669L we reviewed a few months back. Both are 6-bay units, so we can see the performance improvements in transfer speeds in this review.
This review is about more than just the new software and the performance that comes with it. Today we're looking at the QNAP TS-669 Pro, a 6-bay NAS that sits in the middle of QNAP's SMB product lineup.
Let's take a look at the hardware features and then look at the new software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes