QNAP's new QTS 4.0 software is out, now in version 4.0.2 and it's quite the upgrade. I'll be honest though, the first time I worked with the QTS 4.0 it was still in beta and I wasn't an instant fan.
The software was fine, but the extra applications weren't ready yet and it scared me a bit. QNAP has a large add-on software library and most of the existing packages weren't ready during the beta. Now, the packages that were available on 3.8 are converted over and then some.
The new QTS 4.0 software update is more than just a software update. The new package also improves performance. The QNAP TS-669 Pro we're reviewing today uses the same processor and RAM as the TS-669L we reviewed a few months back. Both are 6-bay units, so we can see the performance improvements in transfer speeds in this review.
This review is about more than just the new software and the performance that comes with it. Today we're looking at the QNAP TS-669 Pro, a 6-bay NAS that sits in the middle of QNAP's SMB product lineup.
Let's take a look at the hardware features and then look at the new software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives