QNAP's new QTS 4.0 software is out, now in version 4.0.2 and it's quite the upgrade. I'll be honest though, the first time I worked with the QTS 4.0 it was still in beta and I wasn't an instant fan.
The software was fine, but the extra applications weren't ready yet and it scared me a bit. QNAP has a large add-on software library and most of the existing packages weren't ready during the beta. Now, the packages that were available on 3.8 are converted over and then some.
The new QTS 4.0 software update is more than just a software update. The new package also improves performance. The QNAP TS-669 Pro we're reviewing today uses the same processor and RAM as the TS-669L we reviewed a few months back. Both are 6-bay units, so we can see the performance improvements in transfer speeds in this review.
This review is about more than just the new software and the performance that comes with it. Today we're looking at the QNAP TS-669 Pro, a 6-bay NAS that sits in the middle of QNAP's SMB product lineup.
Let's take a look at the hardware features and then look at the new software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch Pro controller can be used to play PC games
- Xbox One gets $10 EA Access-like subscription service
- The Xenomorph is unleashed in new 'Alien' trailer
- NVIDIA announces its new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Bethesda optimizing games for AMD's Ryzen and Vega tech
- IPMI on E3C226D2I
- Site & Forum impressions
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Massive, Lightstorm and Fox Interactive team up for a game based on Avatar universe
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art