Rosewill sells several different products. They are like the Swiss Army Knife of the computer industry with everything from cell phone accessories to the products we're talking about today, server chassis. Rosewill currently lists five different server chassis, four 4u's and one 2u. They also carry a number of server chassis accessories for the rackmount cases.
I would call the RSV-L4411 Rosewill's flagship rackmount chassis. For the most part, all of rackmount chassis Rosewill offers start with the same base chassis other than the 2u offering. The main difference between the different models is depth for the non-L Models and the front drive bay configurations.
The RSV-L4411 ships with three, four drive sleds installed. The 12 drive sleds are designed for both 2.5" and 3.5" drives and offer users hot swap capabilities with drive status LEDs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Rosewill rackmount cases use 1mm thickness steel for most of the case construction. There are several bits of aluminum around the case as well. Two USB 2.0 ports, power and restart buttons, nearby followed by status LEDs. The RSV-L4411 uses up to E-ITX sized motherboards and allows for up to seven expansion cards on the back.
The RSV-L4411 weights just over 23 pounds, so the case is quite beefy. I think anyone shopping for a rackmount case has owned or at least seen a wimpy case before that flexes under its own weight. That isn't what Rosewill sells. I was very surprised at the build quality to be honest. I expected a nice offering from Rosewill, but didn't expect anything this nice.
Part of my initial assumptions on what to expect when the Rosewill RSV-L4411 came from the $199.99 price at Newegg. Rosewill sells the drive sled at Newegg on its own for $49.99. The RSV-L4411 includes three of the four-bay sleds so that leaves around $50 for the case or there about. We wouldn't really expect much of a rackmount case for $50, even though the retail price of components rarely works out to the total cost of a full package.
The Rosewill RSV-L4411 also ships with a nice accessory package. Each drive sled gets a SATA cable and two sets of screws, one for 3.5" drives and one for 2.5" drives. You also get a set of keys for the front door and a few other bits for changing the front drive-bay configuration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook