Rosewill sells several different products. They are like the Swiss Army Knife of the computer industry with everything from cell phone accessories to the products we're talking about today, server chassis. Rosewill currently lists five different server chassis, four 4u's and one 2u. They also carry a number of server chassis accessories for the rackmount cases.
I would call the RSV-L4411 Rosewill's flagship rackmount chassis. For the most part, all of rackmount chassis Rosewill offers start with the same base chassis other than the 2u offering. The main difference between the different models is depth for the non-L Models and the front drive bay configurations.
The RSV-L4411 ships with three, four drive sleds installed. The 12 drive sleds are designed for both 2.5" and 3.5" drives and offer users hot swap capabilities with drive status LEDs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Rosewill rackmount cases use 1mm thickness steel for most of the case construction. There are several bits of aluminum around the case as well. Two USB 2.0 ports, power and restart buttons, nearby followed by status LEDs. The RSV-L4411 uses up to E-ITX sized motherboards and allows for up to seven expansion cards on the back.
The RSV-L4411 weights just over 23 pounds, so the case is quite beefy. I think anyone shopping for a rackmount case has owned or at least seen a wimpy case before that flexes under its own weight. That isn't what Rosewill sells. I was very surprised at the build quality to be honest. I expected a nice offering from Rosewill, but didn't expect anything this nice.
Part of my initial assumptions on what to expect when the Rosewill RSV-L4411 came from the $199.99 price at Newegg. Rosewill sells the drive sled at Newegg on its own for $49.99. The RSV-L4411 includes three of the four-bay sleds so that leaves around $50 for the case or there about. We wouldn't really expect much of a rackmount case for $50, even though the retail price of components rarely works out to the total cost of a full package.
The Rosewill RSV-L4411 also ships with a nice accessory package. Each drive sled gets a SATA cable and two sets of screws, one for 3.5" drives and one for 2.5" drives. You also get a set of keys for the front door and a few other bits for changing the front drive-bay configuration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Is Capcom unsure about Nintendo Switch?
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 unveiled: Big screen, 5,300 mAh battery
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017