Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Two areas that are hard to cover are pricing and availability. With the video card not really being one that's available in much of the western world, it is clearly available to large parts of Asia. Saying that, though, the Colorful GTX 760 iGAME is a quality video card, as you saw today in this review. While it might not be available now, it doesn't mean that in time the company won't have representation in other parts of the world.
Pricing, though, we can say would line up with other non-reference cards. If testing so many non-reference cards has told us anything, it's that most companies see little change in pricing. It's only when we see companies offer extremely large overclocks or extra features on the card. Series' like the Lightning and Matrix ones from MSI and ASUS are prime examples of why a higher price is included.
Moving onto the performance of the GTX 760 iGAME, though, it ultimately sits about where you'd expect. We don't have a huge overclock on hand, but you do at times see that the extra 40MHz that is offered by Colorful when the "Turbo" switch is enabled, really gives an important boost in performance. At times you can see that the extra MHz gave us the bump we needed to hit the all-important 60 FPS realm or just end up with slightly more breathing room, ensuring better gameplay.
Talking about that Turbo button, the addition is cool. We're not sure how helpful it is as Colorful could've just essentially given us the one BIOS and had that clocked at 1020MHz. We're not quite sure why you would choose the non-Turbo BIOS, as heat, noise and power draw would show a small difference and that extra 40MHz comes in handy at times.
Overall the Colorful GTX 760 iGAME is a great video card. The performance is strong, the cooler performs exceptionally well and the addition of the Turbo button, while not the most useful extra, is a nice addition, if not for the pure fun factor of telling people your video card is in turbo mode. Buying one of these video cards might prove to be an issue for you though, depending on where you live.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD