Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Heading over to Newegg to see how much the new MSI Z87I is going to set you back saw us greeted with no results. This motherboard is actually brand new and hasn't quite hit the retail channel yet. I have to be honest, though, when the package from MSI arrived and I saw a new ITX motherboard staring at me, I just had to have a play with it right away.
Pricing we would expect to be around the mid-$100 mark. For comparisons sake, the ITX base GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI carries a price tag of $134.99, while the ASROCK Z87E-ITX will set you back a little more at $164.99. It's fairly safe to assume that the MSI Z87I would fall somewhere around this mark, but we can't confirm that with any guarantee right now.
The bundle is pretty small, but the inclusion of the mini PCIe wireless card and the extra antennas are a nice addition. Feature wise, the board is about as strong as you would expect it to be for its size. We're dealing with only a limited amount of room, which means that it's not going to be packed full of features, especially when compared to larger ATX counterparts.
The ITX platform continues to be one that gains more and more momentum with companies putting serious time and effort into it. MSI have created a good looking board here with its all black setup and performance of the board is strong out of the box.
Overclocking isn't as strong as some of the Z87 boards we've looked at recently, but with less room to play on the voltage side of things and with a heat sink that isn't nearly as large as what we see on ATX boards, you can't expect the same kind of clocks. Saying that, though, the 4.8GHz clock we managed was nice and the heat numbers weren't nearly as scary as we've seen with our CPU at 4.9 - 4.95GHz. This is a big deal considering you'll likely be installing this board into a smaller case.
If you're in the market for an ITX board, MSI's Z87I is another option worth considering. All we need to do now is wait for it to hit the market, which shouldn't be too long from now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook