Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Heading over to Newegg to see how much the new MSI Z87I is going to set you back saw us greeted with no results. This motherboard is actually brand new and hasn't quite hit the retail channel yet. I have to be honest, though, when the package from MSI arrived and I saw a new ITX motherboard staring at me, I just had to have a play with it right away.
Pricing we would expect to be around the mid-$100 mark. For comparisons sake, the ITX base GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI carries a price tag of $134.99, while the ASROCK Z87E-ITX will set you back a little more at $164.99. It's fairly safe to assume that the MSI Z87I would fall somewhere around this mark, but we can't confirm that with any guarantee right now.
The bundle is pretty small, but the inclusion of the mini PCIe wireless card and the extra antennas are a nice addition. Feature wise, the board is about as strong as you would expect it to be for its size. We're dealing with only a limited amount of room, which means that it's not going to be packed full of features, especially when compared to larger ATX counterparts.
The ITX platform continues to be one that gains more and more momentum with companies putting serious time and effort into it. MSI have created a good looking board here with its all black setup and performance of the board is strong out of the box.
Overclocking isn't as strong as some of the Z87 boards we've looked at recently, but with less room to play on the voltage side of things and with a heat sink that isn't nearly as large as what we see on ATX boards, you can't expect the same kind of clocks. Saying that, though, the 4.8GHz clock we managed was nice and the heat numbers weren't nearly as scary as we've seen with our CPU at 4.9 - 4.95GHz. This is a big deal considering you'll likely be installing this board into a smaller case.
If you're in the market for an ITX board, MSI's Z87I is another option worth considering. All we need to do now is wait for it to hit the market, which shouldn't be too long from now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V 'ENBSeries' 4K screenshots will blow you away
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20