Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Heading over to Newegg to see how much the new MSI Z87I is going to set you back saw us greeted with no results. This motherboard is actually brand new and hasn't quite hit the retail channel yet. I have to be honest, though, when the package from MSI arrived and I saw a new ITX motherboard staring at me, I just had to have a play with it right away.
Pricing we would expect to be around the mid-$100 mark. For comparisons sake, the ITX base GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI carries a price tag of $134.99, while the ASROCK Z87E-ITX will set you back a little more at $164.99. It's fairly safe to assume that the MSI Z87I would fall somewhere around this mark, but we can't confirm that with any guarantee right now.
The bundle is pretty small, but the inclusion of the mini PCIe wireless card and the extra antennas are a nice addition. Feature wise, the board is about as strong as you would expect it to be for its size. We're dealing with only a limited amount of room, which means that it's not going to be packed full of features, especially when compared to larger ATX counterparts.
The ITX platform continues to be one that gains more and more momentum with companies putting serious time and effort into it. MSI have created a good looking board here with its all black setup and performance of the board is strong out of the box.
Overclocking isn't as strong as some of the Z87 boards we've looked at recently, but with less room to play on the voltage side of things and with a heat sink that isn't nearly as large as what we see on ATX boards, you can't expect the same kind of clocks. Saying that, though, the 4.8GHz clock we managed was nice and the heat numbers weren't nearly as scary as we've seen with our CPU at 4.9 - 4.95GHz. This is a big deal considering you'll likely be installing this board into a smaller case.
If you're in the market for an ITX board, MSI's Z87I is another option worth considering. All we need to do now is wait for it to hit the market, which shouldn't be too long from now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD