GIGABYTE are really one of those companies when it comes to the motherboard segment who do a really fantastic job of catering for all audiences. Some are big, some are small, but no matter what you're looking to do with your computer, GIGABYTE always seem to have a model that will suit your needs.
Today we're looking at the Z87X-OC which of course follows the OC Series of boards from the company. I've become quite a fan of these motherboards for a few reasons. The first is the black and orange color scheme that is present. This is really something different and helps the board stand out against others. The other is the price, you'd think that a board designed for overclocking would be expensive, but to the contrary, they are generally priced quite aggressively.
GIGABYTE are also a board that we tend to have very little issues with when it comes to getting them up and running. But we must admit that any time we're greeted by something that is more performance orientated, we do become a little bit more concerned as more and more options are thrown in front of us.
We won't say much more. We've had a chance to look at a couple of GTX 700 series based video cards in the past few days and from there we've jumped into a motherboard based on the new Z87 chipset. Next up we'll be looking at a new kit of RAM. For now, though, it's all about the new GIGABYTE Z87X-OC. Let's take a look at the package and then move from there to find out just what exactly GIGABYTE are offering us with their latest OC based motherboard.
There's not exactly a ton to the front of the GIGABYTE box and we have to say we really love the new design that we're seeing on the Z87 based motherboards. Turning over, though, we've got a ton of information on offer with a picture of the board and then a number of the main features highlighted.
Some of these we'll be looking at in more detail in just a moment, but some of the key features include the OC-Touch buttons, OC Ignition, OC Connect, All IR Digital Power Design and 15u Gold Plated CPU, Memory and PCIe power connectors.
Going inside the box you can see there's not a whole lot to the package. We've got the normal line up of paperwork, along with a driver CD and GIGABYTE sticker. Also included are four SATA cables, I/O backplate, along with a CrossFire and SLI cable.
Added extras in the box include this new "OC Brace" which can be installed for people not using a case. It makes sure that your video card has proper support when outside of a case. Of course if you're using a case you'll have no need for this. We've also got a number of V-Check Point cables. We'll talk about these a little more when we move onto the motherboard itself on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- Mafia 3 demo released, offers 50% discount on full game
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design