The other day we got a chance to check out the brand new GeForce GTX 780 3GB from NVIDIA and found ourselves impressed with what NVIDIA has offered for $649. While not cheap, against the $999 GTX TITAN, it looks strong with some excellent performance out of the box.
Not only that, though, when we checked out the overclocking side of things, we saw the gap between the GTX 780 3GB and more expensive GTX TITAN 6GB really become quite small, with times showing that both video cards perform almost identical in some areas.
Today we'll be pairing the brand new EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked with the NVIDIA reference video card we've got on hand. Due to the fact that the EVGA comes with an overclock out of the box, we'll be increasing the core clock speed of the reference card to match that of the EVGA.
Outside of the overclock, though, we can see from the introduction picture that the EVGA version of the GTX 780 is sporting with it a different cooler design. The reference cards' 80c temperature was a little warm for us and we're hoping today that the new cooling solution that EVGA has introduced will help lower those numbers, without the cost of added noise.
On the front you can see the main details like the brand, model, and mention that it's the SuperClocked model, along with some of the key features. Turning the box over we get a bit more of a run down on some of the main features along with our first look at the card.
Moving in to the bundle you can see the typical paperwork and driver CD included. Along with that we've got a dual 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe power connector, along with a dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connector. Along with those two cables we've also got a DVI to VGA connector and a "Powered by EVGA" case sticker to round things off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood