The other day we got a chance to check out the brand new GeForce GTX 780 3GB from NVIDIA and found ourselves impressed with what NVIDIA has offered for $649. While not cheap, against the $999 GTX TITAN, it looks strong with some excellent performance out of the box.
Not only that, though, when we checked out the overclocking side of things, we saw the gap between the GTX 780 3GB and more expensive GTX TITAN 6GB really become quite small, with times showing that both video cards perform almost identical in some areas.
Today we'll be pairing the brand new EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked with the NVIDIA reference video card we've got on hand. Due to the fact that the EVGA comes with an overclock out of the box, we'll be increasing the core clock speed of the reference card to match that of the EVGA.
Outside of the overclock, though, we can see from the introduction picture that the EVGA version of the GTX 780 is sporting with it a different cooler design. The reference cards' 80c temperature was a little warm for us and we're hoping today that the new cooling solution that EVGA has introduced will help lower those numbers, without the cost of added noise.
On the front you can see the main details like the brand, model, and mention that it's the SuperClocked model, along with some of the key features. Turning the box over we get a bit more of a run down on some of the main features along with our first look at the card.
Moving in to the bundle you can see the typical paperwork and driver CD included. Along with that we've got a dual 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe power connector, along with a dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connector. Along with those two cables we've also got a DVI to VGA connector and a "Powered by EVGA" case sticker to round things off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter