Specifications, Configurations and Pricing
The ASUS S500C in the lab today features one of Intel's ultra-low voltage Ivy Bridge processors. Specifically, the S500C comes with a dual-core Intel i5-3317U clocked at 1.7GHz. When loaded, the processor can dynamically clock all the way up to 2.6GHz.
Coupled with the 3317U is 6GB of DDR3-1600 RAM. 6GB of RAM is more than enough for most users and applications. Graphics are provided via Intel's somewhat capable HD4000 integrated graphics processor.
The screen features a resolution of 1366x768, which is a bit on the low side for a 15.6-inch machine. However, having a lower resolution on a touch-enabled laptop isn't as bad as it makes on-screen items larger - perfect for touch systems. As you'll find out in subsequent reviews, high-resolution screens make using Windows 8 Desktop Mode much more difficult.
The system features a 500GB 5,400RPM hard drive for mass storage, coupled with a 24GB mSATA SSD. The small SSD is used for caching, allowing for speedy start-ups and shutdowns.
The laptop box was packaged inside another larger box.
The laptop box is the same that we've seen other ASUS notebooks come in. It's made from recycled cardboard and printed with soy ink, ASUS' contribution to being green.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact