Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD
It looks like the 450MB/s rating isn't an error on the spec sheet, but we'll let our own benchmarks rate the drive. Kingston put together a nice, informative package for SSDNow V300.
All of the kit components are listed on the back of the box, which makes for a pleasant retail shopping experience. You are not leaving anything to chance and you know right away what's included.
Inside we found a tightly packed container that stages the hardware well.
Our Notebook Upgrade Kit shipped with two disks, a paper manual, a USB enclosure with USB cable and something we don't see too often, a 7mm to 9.5mm spacer.
Here we get our first look at the drive. It isn't as flash as the HyperX line, but very few of us actually put our SSDs on display. The product number, serial number and capacity are listed on the front label.
That doesn't leave much on the back.
The 7mm z-height works with many ultrabooks, all notebooks and desktops with a desktop adapter bracket (included with the Desktop Upgrade Kit).
The SATA power and data connectors are offset, as they should be so you won't have any issues installing this drive in your computer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.