After seeing this cooler for myself, only when news from CeBIT was shown, Cameron was already in the know and diligently attempting to get me this cooler to test. After a lot of emails and a few setbacks in the process of making this ready for the retail market, just three days ago this cooler arrived at my door. Things are getting tight for Sapphire at this point as the release of this cooler is five days away from the time I am writing this. It has been a long journey to get to this point, and since I have been waiting so long to see this cooler, my expectations are pretty high. Our review has been a little delayed, but we're ready to roll now.
For those of you that thought Sapphire was just a video card company, you may want to jump over to their website. It even took me by surprise to see not only do they step out of the realm of video card sales, they offer plenty of audio visual solutions in both software and hardware for various aspects of business use. There is even the development of a mini-PC that I have been seeing in tech news lately. This to me is a good sign. Sapphire is obviously making money at the core of what they do, and have the ability to go beyond the basic conception of the company as they branch out into other aspects of computing both at home or at work.
Proving that exact concept is the fact that we now are about to be looking at the Sapphire Vapor-X CPU cooler. Most of you have already seen and most likely used a Vapor-X cooled video card before, and this principle is much the same. Using the vapor chamber design from the GPU coolers, Sapphire essentially strapped on a tower cooler to the back of a larger one, and adds a pair of well-appointed fans to aid in the heat removal.
On paper this design seems very promising, but reality can sometimes be a cruel mistress to have to deal with. While I did have some issues with my first sample of this cooler, Sapphire has been kind enough to examine the cooler I received, and sent along another one for testing. Now that we are all set to go forth with the review after quite some time, I think you all will be pleased at what the Sapphire Vapor-X CPU cooler has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Sapphire Vapor-X Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Sapphire Vapor-X Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 9 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 10 [Testing History]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 Premium includes just four expansions
- 3 apps all PC owners need to protect their data
- VR On The Lot event in Hollywood includes X-Men director
- Divinity Original Sin 2 hits early access next month
- Tesla's new P100D announced, 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V
- Z77x-D3h issue with windows 10 fast start up feature
- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G Graphics Card Review
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L