Looking at the card we don't have any real surprises as it carries the impressive Twin Frozr III cooler that we're quite used to seeing nowadays. Across the top we can see the heatpipe and the typical dual fan setup with a massive heatsink that sits behind that really does cover majority of the video card.
Taking the time to move around you can see power comes from just a single 6-pin PCIe power connector which should bring with it fairly low power draw. Closer to the front you can see we've got a single SLI connector which gives us the ability to run up to two of these video cards together.
On the connectivity side of things you can see we've got Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single HDMI and DisplayPort connector to round off that side of things. You can also see we've got a bunch of vents to help let some of the hot air escape the chassis.
Being part of the Twin Frozr series it comes as no surprise that out of the box the GTX 660 from MSI comes overclocked.
A reference clocked GTX 660 comes with a 980MHz core which via boost gets pushed up to 1033MHz. The memory sees a default clock of 6008MHz QDR.
Looking above you can see that while MSI have decided to leave the 2GB of GDDR5 at 6008MHz QDR, they have bumped the core up to 1033MHz which via boost pushes the GPU up to 1098MHz. Overall it's not a huge overclock, but something nonetheless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity