HP has been making personal computers since nearly the invention of PCs. I've got a long history of owning HP laptops and I've seen both ends of the spectrum come out of their factories. I've had great notebooks that have lasted years and some that have come from the factory with defects. Today, I have the joy of evaluating the HP Folio 13, one of several Ultrabooks which HP offers.
This term Ultrabook is a trademark of Intel and is used on computers that meet certain requirements set forth by Intel, which include battery life, quick start from sleep, thickness (or thinness) and several others. Intel is strongly pushing these new computers and has spent lots of money advertising them on TV-I'm sure you've seen at least one of their ads.
Unfortunately, most Ultrabooks carry a price tag that is several hundred dollars higher than Intel's target price of $699. When Windows 8 releases, however, you'll see a flurry of touchscreen-enabled Ultrabooks hitting the market. At that time, older models, such as this very capable Folio 13, will likely see a price drop or at least that is what we hope to see.
At $999, this Ultrabook isn't the cheapest in the pack and it certainly isn't the most expensive. It sits competing with several other models, including the MacBook Air which is an Ultrabook's biggest competitor.
Let's get into it then and see how we go with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent