A while back in the BitFenix Inner Circle I remember seeing renderings of this chassis design. At that time there wasn't too much being said as to the final plans, but in essence there was a more square looking Apple G5 case that was the craze to mod not too awfully long ago. Without any mention at that time to motherboard compatibility, it was really tough to grasp the reality of size from drawings of the exterior of a case. At the beginning, there weren't even images of the back, so I wasn't sure if I was looking at something large enough to house four way video card setups and ATX motherboards or if this was going to be something I could sit on my desk.
It just so happens that the latter scenario is what is the reality with the latest in innovative chassis design from BitFenix. With a much bigger push for powerful, yet tiny Mini-ITX based systems, BitFenix saw a way in with their perfect rendition of a LAN box. As always BitFenix is close to their user base and whole heartedly appreciates comments and feedback they get from their designs. The chassis we are about to be looking it, while very compact in nature, it a terrific culmination of what users asked for, what the design could fit and even now and then BitFenix throws in a curve ball or two just to keep you on your toes as you look at all the possibilities that can happen in its first Mini-ITX only chassis.
If somehow you missed the title and had no idea what you were reading about, I am of course talking about the highly anticipated by me and highly raved about chassis, the Prodigy. As the first group of these went out to the few sites they could accommodate with the limited number of cases and those were the black on black versions. While I didn't make it in the first round, the wait was worth it as I received the white on white version with black only for the trim.
There is a lot to cover for such a small entrant to the market and I have a sneaky suspicion that after you are done looking at the white BitFenix Prodigy, your next move after reading this will be shopping for a new Mini-ITX motherboard for your CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the BitFenix Prodigy]
- Page 6 [Inside the BitFenix Prodigy Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20