A while back in the BitFenix Inner Circle I remember seeing renderings of this chassis design. At that time there wasn't too much being said as to the final plans, but in essence there was a more square looking Apple G5 case that was the craze to mod not too awfully long ago. Without any mention at that time to motherboard compatibility, it was really tough to grasp the reality of size from drawings of the exterior of a case. At the beginning, there weren't even images of the back, so I wasn't sure if I was looking at something large enough to house four way video card setups and ATX motherboards or if this was going to be something I could sit on my desk.
It just so happens that the latter scenario is what is the reality with the latest in innovative chassis design from BitFenix. With a much bigger push for powerful, yet tiny Mini-ITX based systems, BitFenix saw a way in with their perfect rendition of a LAN box. As always BitFenix is close to their user base and whole heartedly appreciates comments and feedback they get from their designs. The chassis we are about to be looking it, while very compact in nature, it a terrific culmination of what users asked for, what the design could fit and even now and then BitFenix throws in a curve ball or two just to keep you on your toes as you look at all the possibilities that can happen in its first Mini-ITX only chassis.
If somehow you missed the title and had no idea what you were reading about, I am of course talking about the highly anticipated by me and highly raved about chassis, the Prodigy. As the first group of these went out to the few sites they could accommodate with the limited number of cases and those were the black on black versions. While I didn't make it in the first round, the wait was worth it as I received the white on white version with black only for the trim.
There is a lot to cover for such a small entrant to the market and I have a sneaky suspicion that after you are done looking at the white BitFenix Prodigy, your next move after reading this will be shopping for a new Mini-ITX motherboard for your CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the BitFenix Prodigy]
- Page 6 [Inside the BitFenix Prodigy Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 4 traditional campaign was never in development
- Battlefield V may be set in WWII
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit