While for the most part there are no serious changes to the testbed, we do today have an addition to it in the forms of storage. Because the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H offers mSATA, we'll be using our new MemoRight MS701 240GB SATA III mSATA drives. These will be making an appearance in all motherboards reviews where mSATA is offered. The one thing that needs to be noted at the moment, though, is that mSATA ports on boards are still SATA II and we're using a SATA III drive.
Before we get into the performance side of things we need to take a look at what's going on with the overclock. Heading into the BIOS we head on over to the multiplier section and boost that up to 46x. Before we leave we also head on over to the voltage area and bump them up to where they need to be.
While we've found other boards boot no problem with a 46x multiplier, the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H in this case didn't want to play as nicely. So we headed back into the BIOS and moved to a 45x multiplier. With a 100 BCLK this brings our CPU clock in at 4.5GHz. A bit shy of the 4.7GHz we've seen out of other boards.
With a 45x multiplier working well, though, we headed back into the BIOS and thought we'd try our luck with the BCLK and see if we could get closer to that 4.7GHz clock we've seen out of other motherboards.
As you can see above we ended up coming in at that 4.7GHz mark we wanted to achieve with a 104.5 BCLK to complement the 45x multiplier. It's not uncommon that we see some boards prefer to go for the higher multiplier while others prefer the BCLK tweaking. In the end if our overclock is strong enough, that's what matters to us.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 update will use AI to fight cyberattacks
- Star Wars Battlefront II alpha could hit all platforms
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- Toshiba announces world's first QLC flash memory
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus