If you can ever be scared of a BIOS, this is going to be one of them. The options here are just ridiculous and really let you know exactly what the board is about. While we've got screenshots of all the main sections, we'll cover just some of the bigger areas. Straight off the bat, though, you can see our "EZ Mode" option.
Like all ROG boards, "EZ Mode" is included, but when you go into the BIOS it's not the one you're greeted with. Instead you'll be looking at Advanced mode.
"Extreme Tweaker" is where you're going to spend most of your time and the word "Extreme" isn't just being thrown around by ASUS. The options here are just insane. Straight up you've got three preset profiles for overclocking; one is just a "Normal OC Profile" and is designed for day in and day out running. What this pushes our CPU to we'll cover in our overclocking side of things, but if you want to get a bit of extra performance and don't want to be stressing about anything, the chances are this is what you'll want.
The "Extreme OC Profiles" are designed for people with higher end cooling options with the "High Current" one being for LN2 overclockers. Loading the profile does stuff like disable a lot of the extras on the board like your NIC cards, USB 3.0 controller and more. Doing so in turn helps you achieve the highest overclock possible.
Moving throughout the rest of the page, you can see we've got settings for our memory and CPU along with all the voltage options you'd expect from a ROG board. At the very bottom, though, we've got even more options which are labeled as "Tweakers Paradise".
You can see throughout the "Tweakers Paradise" section that overclocking options just go crazy and for the most part a large amount of the user base will be avoiding this area as it's designed for only the most hardcore of users. The overclocking options are just utterly insane on the board and you can see that the mind of a mad overclocker is behind it.
Moving away from the "Extreme Tweaker" section of the BIOS and through the rest, there's not a lot that is too out of the ordinary. We've got all the typical options you'd expect to see on any ASUS board. The BIOS is all about the "Extreme Tweaker" section, though, and the customizable options that are on offer with in it. The profiles, though, for easy overclocking are indeed going to be something that people will appreciate, especially if you find yourself overwhelmed in the BIOS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset