Today we'll be checking out our A8-3850 and ASUS F1A75-V Pro against our ASUS M5A99X Evo with our Phenom II X6 1100T. Before we get into the performance side of things, though, let's first look at what's going on with the overclock.
Overclocking on a new chipset can be a task in itself, but overclocking on a new CPU / APU can be even harder as you're not sure where the safe voltage points are and what you should be moving.
Since 1.5v on the core seemed to be what a lot of companies were going to prior to the launch, we figured that was a good point to start at. While you can adjust the multiplier up and down, moving up while showing an increase in speed, doesn't actually increase the speed.
What we ended up doing was moving our multiplier down one to 28x which allowed us to push the bus speed up to 125MHz. This results in a clock speed of 3.5GHz which you can see below.
As you can see above, the CPU-Z validation isn't validated and it's probably due to the fact we're dealing with a new processor. With that said, it does still manage to give us all the main details including the clock speed and our RAM which are all correct.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 5 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design