We've already had a look at a bunch of A75 motherboards and today we look at an offering from MSI known as the MSI A75MA-G55. This board stood out instantly for me thanks to its mATX format, which is something that I've been looking for since we received our first A75 motherboard.
So what's the mATX format mean for the board today? What are we going to be missing out on? Are we losing performance because we move to the smaller platform? Well, let's hope it offers us everything we like about the A75 chipset, just in a smaller package.
Before we get into the performance side of things, first we need to look at what's going on with the package. Once that's done we'll of course be venturing into the motherboard to see how everything looks. We'll then check out the BIOS before we get into the overclocking side of things and find out what kind of performance this mATX board can offer us. First things first; let's look at what's going on with the package.
Of course, we've got a bit of a smaller box than our other A75 boards we've looked at because as we said, it's a mATX board we're dealing with instead of the ATX size we've been seeing from other companies. As usual, there's a fair bit of information on offer and the back of the box gives us a good run down of the major features that are present on the motherboard.
Moving inside the package, we can see we've got some paperwork, driver / utilities CD, two SATA cables, Molex to SATA connector, easy connectors for your front panel and our rear I/O panel.
The stand out bonus would be the inclusion of the USB 3.0 header that MSI have chosen to include. It's nice to see companies give us the header, offering us a couple of extra ports, especially since they put the headers on the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard