While the GTX 550 Ti we're looking at today is part of the DirectCU series, it's not like the HD 6950 we looked at which carries a triple slot cooler. This one instead only takes two which we're a lot more accustomed to.
Looking around the card, you're not going to see anything out of the ordinary. We've got a single 6-Pin PCI-E power connector at the back of the card while closer to front we've got a single SLI connector. Connectivity includes a Dual-Link DVI, VGA and HDMI connector.
Being part of the TOP series of course means the GTX 550 Ti comes overclocked out of the box. A reference GTX 550 Ti carries with it a 900MHz core clock, 1800MHz Shader clock and the 1GB of GDDR5 comes in at 4104MHz QDR.
While ASUS hasn't moved the memory clock, they have moved the core up to a healthy 975MHz. This isn't the fastest out of the box clocks we've seen to date, though, so we took the chance to overclock the card to see just what we could get out of it.
We ended up with the core at a very healthy 1050MHz. This pushed the Shader clock to 2100MHz and we pushed the memory up too 4312MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook & Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Export Mailboxes from Exchange Server EDB to PST for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design
- Razer to launch paid to play initiative to reward fans for playing games