The Corsair Hydro Series H60 - Continued
Looking at the top of the head unit, there is most obviously the large Corsair and six sail logo painted on top of a flat cap made of textured black plastic. The head unit comes shipped with the Intel mounting system, but can easily be changed to the AMD mounting kit.
This side of the block has the fill port that has been sealed with this round plug. To the left is a two pin connection under the 3-pin fan wire. This is either for some sort of programming for the PWM curve of the head unit, or it may work with software or some sort of temperature monitoring later on, I'm not real sure at this point.
On this side you can see where the tubing gets stretched over the ninety degree fittings on the side of the head unit. These will swivel to allow the tubes to either be run out of sight or to make it fit your specific needs.
The rectangular cold plate is made from copper and gets milled to the same level of the round bases. As with the other units, the H60 also comes with a pre-applied square of thermal paste.
It is a bit tough to see but there are two things I want to show here. First off I am pleased to see that there is a much thinner layer of thermal paste applied to this plate. The second bit I want to cover is that with this unit and the Antec unit I just reviewed, there are a few chunks of debris already in the thermal paste. This isn't a big deal for me as I strip the paste for my testing, but if two of mine came from Asetek like this, maybe there is an issue that needs addressed.
With the paste removed I can do a bit of preliminary testing. I ran the razor blade over the cold plate, and I will say most of this plate is flat across the middle. There is a cavity in my unit to the right side, but it isn't over the CPU so it won't cause any issues with the contact on the processor. The edges and area next to the screws does show "roundness" and gaps, but again it should affect contact in any way.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft goes on tour with HoloLens AR demos
- Just Mobile launches 'self-healing' iPhone cases
- BlackBerry could exit phone business if the Priv crashes
- Surface Book has dual-GPU setup with custom 1GB GDDR5 Maxwell GPU
- Xbox boss: 'We aren't motivated by beating Sony'
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent