Antec has been in the business for a long time. In fact, they are celebrating their silver anniversary. That's right, Antec brings twenty-five years of experience to the table! With this sort of history, they know a good idea when they see one, and of course they saw what all the rage is in all-in-one water cooling loops. Corsair and CoolIt have made good amounts of money off of this concept, and now Antec figures it is time for their share of the market. I assume this is where the call went over to Asetek from Antec.
Pairing up with Asetek, the same manufacturer of the Corsair H50 and H70 coolers, Antec takes ideas from both and made a couple of changes. With the new line of KÃHLER coolers that hit the floor at CES, this was one that I know was in the plans at that time, but I can't recall if it was in the videos or not. Anyways, in the most basic sense, Antec took the head unit from the H70 and the radiator from the H50; got rid of the annoying tube covering, added a single fan, and are offering it up under their own label with the KÃHLER H2O 620 moniker.
With many other versions of this exact idea, at last count still being produced, it makes this five. Both from Corsair have taken on almost a cult following, while the CoolIt offers better mounting; it seems like they fall in second. So that leaves Antec to make a push and see if there is some room for them to claim a stake in this market. Hopefully by the end of this review I will find something about the new Antec unit that will set it apart from the others we have already seen and tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family