Antec has been in the business for a long time. In fact, they are celebrating their silver anniversary. That's right, Antec brings twenty-five years of experience to the table! With this sort of history, they know a good idea when they see one, and of course they saw what all the rage is in all-in-one water cooling loops. Corsair and CoolIt have made good amounts of money off of this concept, and now Antec figures it is time for their share of the market. I assume this is where the call went over to Asetek from Antec.
Pairing up with Asetek, the same manufacturer of the Corsair H50 and H70 coolers, Antec takes ideas from both and made a couple of changes. With the new line of KÃHLER coolers that hit the floor at CES, this was one that I know was in the plans at that time, but I can't recall if it was in the videos or not. Anyways, in the most basic sense, Antec took the head unit from the H70 and the radiator from the H50; got rid of the annoying tube covering, added a single fan, and are offering it up under their own label with the KÃHLER H2O 620 moniker.
With many other versions of this exact idea, at last count still being produced, it makes this five. Both from Corsair have taken on almost a cult following, while the CoolIt offers better mounting; it seems like they fall in second. So that leaves Antec to make a push and see if there is some room for them to claim a stake in this market. Hopefully by the end of this review I will find something about the new Antec unit that will set it apart from the others we have already seen and tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available