Inside The Thermaltake Element Q Mini Case
After removing the cover for the chassis we see the interior is simple in design and layout, but offers all the room you will need to house what is needed for a good HTPC. The instructions get taped to the floor, the hardware is twist tied to the rail in the optical drive bay, and of course the included PSU is already mounted.
I pulled out the Thermaltake 220W power supply so I could show it off a bit and what to expect for connectivity. I do like that this SFX power supply has a plastic hook on the side to allow it to hang on the top rail of the chassis for extra support.
Not that my setup is going to pull anywhere close to the 15A or the 180W rating of the 12V rail, so it will most certainly cover my needs. Even if you want to run a single slot VGA, there is still potential with this supply of power.
And here is the ventilation for the chassis, and of course the power supply fan. This 80mm fan does double duty as cooling for the power supply and the only draw of air in the chassis as it comes shipped.
Connectivity of the power supply consists of the 20+4 pin, a rail with two 4-pin Molex connectors and ends in a floppy power connection. Behind these are the rails with the 4-pin CPU power line and the two SATA power connections.
Back inside the chassis, the front I/O wiring is long enough to reach the back of the Element Q. Getting the Audio, USB, and the switches and LEDs hooked up won't be a problem.
Getting ready for assembly, I pulled the front bezel off the Q to let you see what is going on behind the scenes. The front I/O is built into the chassis and stays in place. To get access to remove the drive covers you must be sure the wiring is free before you pull it too far away. I do like the added touch to actually mount the wiring to the bezel so that they don't get in the way when you slide drives into place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording