Since the very first of the Xonar boards from ASUS, we have been impressed with not only the choice of components used, but also with the overall design of all of the various iterations. This not so elegantly leads us into the very latest of these, known only as the 'DG' which is arguably the tamest Xonar to date.
Rather than being an out-and-out brute of a thing like many others in the Xonar lineage, the DG goes for a far more stealthy approach to handling things. Using the older PCI port rather than one of the newer options is one of the first things that caught our eye; another is the built in headphone amp which complements the support for surround sound in either analog or digital, as well as comprehensive front panel access via an internal link to the supplied bracket.
So, it seems we have another feature laden Xonar on our hands. The question now is; can it live up to the very high standards that the brand has forged, as well as the high expectations that we have forged testing them out? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Iron Tides is a Final Fantasy Tactics Viking roguelite
- The Last Guardian goes gold after 9 years in development
- Bethesda throws a massive game sale on Steam
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook