Since the very first of the Xonar boards from ASUS, we have been impressed with not only the choice of components used, but also with the overall design of all of the various iterations. This not so elegantly leads us into the very latest of these, known only as the 'DG' which is arguably the tamest Xonar to date.
Rather than being an out-and-out brute of a thing like many others in the Xonar lineage, the DG goes for a far more stealthy approach to handling things. Using the older PCI port rather than one of the newer options is one of the first things that caught our eye; another is the built in headphone amp which complements the support for surround sound in either analog or digital, as well as comprehensive front panel access via an internal link to the supplied bracket.
So, it seems we have another feature laden Xonar on our hands. The question now is; can it live up to the very high standards that the brand has forged, as well as the high expectations that we have forged testing them out? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal brings a sword to a gun fight, and more
- For Honor not meant for the mass market, more of a 'core' game
- Stay Connected to Netflix, Hulu & More Anywhere in the World
- Bungie confirms Destiny 2 for 2017, 'large expansion' coming in 2016
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 gets 12 maps when it launches
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives