When it comes to gaming notebooks, there are two main things that can coax a gamer to upgrade to a new machine even if their current notebook is still doing well. Those things include a new GPU and a new CPU. Today I have the latest gaming rig from ASUS on my bench and it is called the G73JW-A1.
Visually this notebook looks just like the G73JH that I reviewed not long ago. The big difference is that the G73JW-A1 I am checking out today gives up the AMD GPU the JH used in favor of a new NVIDIA mobile GPU with nice power and performance.
The real question here is whether or not the G73JW-A1 is better than the JH version and if the gaming rig is worth your hard-earned money. In addition to the new GPU, the G73JW-A1 I have today also has a more powerful CPU. Let's get to it and see how well the G73JW-A1 performs.
Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
The G73JW-A1 can be had on Amazon for $1745 and you should be able to find the notebook at other online stores as well.
Check out the full specifications of my test machine below. The unit I am reviewing has the 740QM processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [ASUS' G73JW-A1 Up Close]
- Page 3 [Performance - A/V Encoding, Battery Life, Boot Time, and Power Consumption]
- Page 4 [Performance - PCMark Vantage, CINEBENCH, Super Pi, and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Hands on Use and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Radeon RX 480 priced at $199, a mid-range VR champion?
- Watch AMD's Polaris reveal livestream right here
- Japan being Japan teases 8K video streaming over a 5G network
- Learn everything Java with the Ultimate Java Bundle
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series