When it comes to gaming notebooks, there are two main things that can coax a gamer to upgrade to a new machine even if their current notebook is still doing well. Those things include a new GPU and a new CPU. Today I have the latest gaming rig from ASUS on my bench and it is called the G73JW-A1.
Visually this notebook looks just like the G73JH that I reviewed not long ago. The big difference is that the G73JW-A1 I am checking out today gives up the AMD GPU the JH used in favor of a new NVIDIA mobile GPU with nice power and performance.
The real question here is whether or not the G73JW-A1 is better than the JH version and if the gaming rig is worth your hard-earned money. In addition to the new GPU, the G73JW-A1 I have today also has a more powerful CPU. Let's get to it and see how well the G73JW-A1 performs.
Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
The G73JW-A1 can be had on Amazon for $1745 and you should be able to find the notebook at other online stores as well.
Check out the full specifications of my test machine below. The unit I am reviewing has the 740QM processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [ASUS' G73JW-A1 Up Close]
- Page 3 [Performance - A/V Encoding, Battery Life, Boot Time, and Power Consumption]
- Page 4 [Performance - PCMark Vantage, CINEBENCH, Super Pi, and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Hands on Use and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel