While the GIGABYTE GTS 450 OC might be the slowest variation of the model we've tested to date, it's also the cheapest, which for some is going to be the best feature of the model. What's great about it, though, is that cooler tacked on. On the GTS 450 it really works and you can see some great temperatures coming out of the model.
For the bargain hunter this is great, especially when you consider its strong cooling performance which should affect overclocking in only a positive manner. What the GIGABYTE version of the GTS 450 does is give people a chance to get in on the GTS 450 cheap and do the overclocking themselves, while giving us an upgraded cooler that's going to perform stronger than a reference one.
While it would've been nice to see the full package of the card, it's safe to say like most other cards these days it would've been on the light side of things, but including everything that you ultimately need in the bundle. It's really to be expected these days with most companies offering smaller bundles, but more importantly offering cheaper prices.
For 130 US at Newegg, the GIGABYTE GTS 450 OC is a great little buy, especially if you want to do the overclocking yourself. If you're not so interested in overclocking, there are some better options that offer higher overclocks; this of course comes at a higher cost, however. The fact that for the $130 US price tag we've been able to get such a great cooler that works well is clearly the stand out, though.
If you don't want to overclock, there's clearly better options out there, but if you're happy to fire up Afterburner and really increase the value of the product, this is a great variation thanks to that little price tag it carries.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Card and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.