While AMD are no doubt on the verge of releasing new models, from what we've been told the first set of cards that will be offered to us are designed to compete against one of the most well valued video cards on the market right now, known to us as the GTX 460.
For some the $200+ price tag associated with the model continues to be too much and the new GTS 450 we've looked at over the past month seems to be doing a good job of filling that low $100 bracket that users on a budget no doubt appreciate.
The latest version of the card comes from GIGABYTE and carries with it the two things we love most; an overclock and a fancy new cooler. What's missing on this particular one is a retail package, though, so instead of looking at that we'll get stuck straight into the actual card and then have a closer look at its specifications and the overclock that's on offer.
Sporting the dual fan Windforce cooler, the GIGABYTE GTS 450 looks like it's ready for some serious business. You can see for the most part it does a good job of covering up most of the PCB.
As for the rest of the card, there's not anything that you wouldn't have seen before. Towards the back of the card we've got a single 6-Pin PCI-E power connector, while across the top we have a single SLI connector. As for connectivity, we've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors and a single mini HDMI connector.
Like every other GTS 450 we've looked at, and as we mentioned in the introduction, the GIGABYTE version we're looking at is overclocked. By default the core clock is 785MHz, Shader Clock at 1566MHz and memory clock of 3600MHz QDR.
The GIGABYTE OC model comes with a 930MHz core and 1680MHz QDR Shader clock. As for the memory, that's pretty much at the standard clock rate, although slightly bumped up at 3608MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Card and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick & Morty season 4 episode premier at Adult Swim Festival
- Zelda Link's Awakening new cameo Ocarina of Time footage
- Popular gaming YouTuber Etika found dead in Manhattan River
- One-Punch Man beats down foes in upcoming console/PC game
- Terraria for Nintendo Switch releases on June 27th
- FS (5Pieces) MacBook Pro 2019 (Website www.esellibuy.com) $6,995CAD
- Buy (5Pieces) MacBook Pro 13-inch (2019) New 2.4GHz 8th i5 Touch Bar $6,995CAD
- Synology DS419 Slim Four-Bay NAS Review
- P8P67 Deluxe Problem
- Silverstone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to Acquire Canadair Regional Jet Program from Bombardier Inc.
- LG To Expand Partnership With QT On Next Generation Embedded Devices Running Webos
- Next-Gen Battle Royale Ring of Elysium Officially Launches on Steam
- Versus Evil Steam Summer Sale
- TRENDnet Adds ERPS to Industrial Managed Network Switches