We have tinkered around with a few of the ASUS workstation motherboards here at TweakTown. These have been boards that arguably could be setup as a desktop and run to get a very good combination of features, performance, and stability (with some overclocking sprinkled on top).
Now, while these have been lots of fun and have shown that the WS team can certainly hold their own against even the ROG desktop team, we have not really gotten deep into the ASUS WS offerings. Today that all gets to change as we tear the box off of a Dual Socket 1366 board from ASUS. The ASUS Z8NA-D6C is something; you get two Nehalem CPUs and six slots of RAM all stuffed into an ATX package.
You also get an ASPEED VGA controller with 8MB of its own memory (for server usage), two Intel 8475L GBe LAN chips, and much more for around $300 at NewEgg.com. Shall we see what it can do as a desktop/workstation?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform