We have tinkered around with a few of the ASUS workstation motherboards here at TweakTown. These have been boards that arguably could be setup as a desktop and run to get a very good combination of features, performance, and stability (with some overclocking sprinkled on top).
Now, while these have been lots of fun and have shown that the WS team can certainly hold their own against even the ROG desktop team, we have not really gotten deep into the ASUS WS offerings. Today that all gets to change as we tear the box off of a Dual Socket 1366 board from ASUS. The ASUS Z8NA-D6C is something; you get two Nehalem CPUs and six slots of RAM all stuffed into an ATX package.
You also get an ASPEED VGA controller with 8MB of its own memory (for server usage), two Intel 8475L GBe LAN chips, and much more for around $300 at NewEgg.com. Shall we see what it can do as a desktop/workstation?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 3700/3800X: 12C/24T and 16C/32T in 2019 on AM4
- Battlefield V concept art looks absolutely amazing
- Battlefield 5 confirmed with premium and 'grind currency'
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit