You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
As we mentioned previously, the Silicon Image RAID controller has a couple of options. The RevoDrive comes configured from the factory, but some users may want to dip in and configure the drive for high IOPS performance or higher sequential reads and writes. There are a few other configurations that you can try as well. Let's take a look and see the options.
From the factory the RevoDrive is configured in RAID 0 with a 16K chunk size. That is all fine and dandy, but I know you expect more from us than just a single benchmark run.
Right from the start we found a couple of options that can really change the entire configuration of the RevoDrive. As you know, the whole premise is RAID 0, but the option is there to run JBOD or two separate drives. This can be a very good option for those looking to install their OS on one drive and your programs on another.
After you choose the RAID 0 option you are then given the opportunity to configure the chunk size. This will allow you to configure the array for higher IOPS performance or higher sequential read and writes.
For testing today we chose to run the OCZ RevoDrive as it was configured from the factory, RAID 0 with a 16K chunk size. We also ran the RevoDrive in RAID 0 with a 128K chunk size and as dual 60GB single drives.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Here we see the ATTO performance of the OCZ RevoDrive as it was configured from the factory. Never before has a drive that cost less than 400 USD been able to break the 500MB/s mark.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017