You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
As we mentioned previously, the Silicon Image RAID controller has a couple of options. The RevoDrive comes configured from the factory, but some users may want to dip in and configure the drive for high IOPS performance or higher sequential reads and writes. There are a few other configurations that you can try as well. Let's take a look and see the options.
From the factory the RevoDrive is configured in RAID 0 with a 16K chunk size. That is all fine and dandy, but I know you expect more from us than just a single benchmark run.
Right from the start we found a couple of options that can really change the entire configuration of the RevoDrive. As you know, the whole premise is RAID 0, but the option is there to run JBOD or two separate drives. This can be a very good option for those looking to install their OS on one drive and your programs on another.
After you choose the RAID 0 option you are then given the opportunity to configure the chunk size. This will allow you to configure the array for higher IOPS performance or higher sequential read and writes.
For testing today we chose to run the OCZ RevoDrive as it was configured from the factory, RAID 0 with a 16K chunk size. We also ran the RevoDrive in RAID 0 with a 128K chunk size and as dual 60GB single drives.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Here we see the ATTO performance of the OCZ RevoDrive as it was configured from the factory. Never before has a drive that cost less than 400 USD been able to break the 500MB/s mark.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now