You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
As we mentioned previously, the Silicon Image RAID controller has a couple of options. The RevoDrive comes configured from the factory, but some users may want to dip in and configure the drive for high IOPS performance or higher sequential reads and writes. There are a few other configurations that you can try as well. Let's take a look and see the options.
From the factory the RevoDrive is configured in RAID 0 with a 16K chunk size. That is all fine and dandy, but I know you expect more from us than just a single benchmark run.
Right from the start we found a couple of options that can really change the entire configuration of the RevoDrive. As you know, the whole premise is RAID 0, but the option is there to run JBOD or two separate drives. This can be a very good option for those looking to install their OS on one drive and your programs on another.
After you choose the RAID 0 option you are then given the opportunity to configure the chunk size. This will allow you to configure the array for higher IOPS performance or higher sequential read and writes.
For testing today we chose to run the OCZ RevoDrive as it was configured from the factory, RAID 0 with a 16K chunk size. We also ran the RevoDrive in RAID 0 with a 128K chunk size and as dual 60GB single drives.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Here we see the ATTO performance of the OCZ RevoDrive as it was configured from the factory. Never before has a drive that cost less than 400 USD been able to break the 500MB/s mark.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications