Why wouldn't you want the Gainward GTX 470 Golden Sample? Its cooling is superior to the reference card in every way. We're now at a point where it's not even worth considering cards that use a reference cooler unless they're cheap. Three companies have now already shown us superior cooling solutions for very little price increase.
If that wasn't enough, though, out of the box performance is fantastic. The overclock that Gainward has offered us with a 650MHz core is fantastic. It helps boost overall performance by a good chunk. If you're not interested in overclocking, this is a fantastic option for people.
Yeah, the bundle's a little on the light side when it comes to extras, but the lack of Mini HDMI to HDMI cable is due to the fact that Gainward has opted for a full size HDMI port while at the same time also offering us a DisplayPort.
The Gainward GTX 470 Golden Sample is a fantastic card and reminds us why we love the Golden Sample series so much. Looking at NVIDIA partners, it's one of our favorites and has been around for years now.
This is one GTX 470 that's worth keeping an eye out for. We love what Gainward has done with it and the chances are you will as well. The inclusion of the new cooler on top of the overclock is what seals the deal and turns the card from a good one to a great one. We're so happy that Gainward didn't just bump the core up 3MHz to 610MHz and turn around and call it a Golden Sample. The GS name has never been tainted with a model that shouldn't have it.
Now we just need the model to hit the retail channel; you should be excited about this one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Creators Update is all about AR and VR
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software