Since the introduction of the Intel Atom CPU people have wanted more from this low power chip. Intel and their OEM's that use the Atom have always designed systems around the Atom that are not meant for heavy usage. It is true you can browse the web and do some productivity work, but nothing major like video editing/authoring.
But as the push for more threaded (or we should say, better threaded) applications grow, the single core Atom was and is quickly being pushed out. At the beginning of this year (2010) Intel released their first dual core Atom CPUs. These were not just a pair of cores dropped into the CPU, though. Intel also dropped in Hyper Threading to allow for better multi-threaded performance. The new Atoms also finally received the x64 instructions and have had a GPU tacked on (although to some, this is not a good thing).
What many want to know is, how will these perform when under real world conditions? We took ZOTAC's Mini-DTX NM10-DTX WiFi motherboard, complete with Atom D510 and put it to the test. At $129.99 on Newegg.com, the board offers you an almost complete system ready to be dropped in. Without further preamble, we will now take a close look at the ZOTAC NM-10-DTX WiFi and the Atom D510.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Arrests conducted in Britain over malware-assisting website
- Multiple University staff injure themselves due to texting and walking
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED