This is what we really want to know about. How fast can we get it to go? - Well, our first dive into this was a quick try at 196x23. Here we pushed the multiplier one over the stock setting and also pushed the BCLK up by a good bit.
We were happily surprised when the system not only posted, but let us into Windows! We were able to run CPU-Z as well; however, when we started our test run things fell apart very quickly. Even opening Cinebench R11.5 caused the system to crash and reboot.
We began working backwards from 4.5GHz and ended up with a stable clock of 186x22 (4.092GHz). This is a little bit over our fastest 1156 i7 OC (at 3.8GHz), but not that much.
All of this was on AIR cooling, so we do have a feeling that with more advanced cooling we could have gotten much more out of this CPU. We do hope to return to it and test this theory in the very near future.
You can check out the validation link for the new i7 875K here.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types