The Intel Core architecture is one that has not always been a performance leader. The original Core CPUs were decent, but not that great. Starting with the Conroe based Core 2, things changed. We saw Intel push the limits on performance at both stock speed and also for overclockers. With the launch of the Nehalem and Lynnfield CPUs we saw Intel greatly improve stock performance, but overclocking, while still pretty good, was not the same as it had been, especially for the top of the line CPUs.
To help offset this Intel has released a new "K" line of CPUs that are multiplier unlocked. This means that you have control over the multipliers for the CPU ratio and memory ratio, giving more options for a better overclocking experience.
While we already have the unlocked Core i7-980X for socket 1366, today marks the release of the i7-875K for socket 1156 and the i5-655K also for socket 1156, but which includes the Intel GMA HD video processor. We are taking a look at the Core i7-875K today to see if it can indeed give us more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5