As stated previously, the new Vertex 2 E package was not in the US when our sample was shipped from OCZ Technology in California. The new E models were in route from manufacturing and given the day of the week it was not possible to send a drive with proper packaging next day air and still publish this review today. With that said, we'll still give you a bit of a picture in writing.
At the top right we see where the label will be changed on the new extended capacity drives. OCZ has put together a nice package that informs retail shoppers looking at shelved drives the capacity, a few features and the inclusion of a 2.5 to 3.5" form factor adapter bracket.
The back of the package has some general information about the Vertex 2 and there are a couple of stickers here that will also be changed on the new extended drives.
The inner packaging remains the same. The drive is kept secure in the middle of closed cell foam with the adapter screws off to the side in a secure chamber. This sample of the Vertex 2 arrived with a paper document and a sticker, something that we didn't receive with our 100GB Vertex 2. The adapter plate was secured to the back of the foam and away from all of the other components.
Here we see the drive, adapter plate and screws for securing the two together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Frinkiac is an incredible Simpsons-centric search engine
- Far Cry Primal is more vertical and lets you be a rock climber
- Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.0 breaks the game, fixes little
- Bethesda forced someone to destroy vinyl records to get their refund
- Explore ancient virus' with the Internet Archives malware museum
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform