As stated previously, the new Vertex 2 E package was not in the US when our sample was shipped from OCZ Technology in California. The new E models were in route from manufacturing and given the day of the week it was not possible to send a drive with proper packaging next day air and still publish this review today. With that said, we'll still give you a bit of a picture in writing.
At the top right we see where the label will be changed on the new extended capacity drives. OCZ has put together a nice package that informs retail shoppers looking at shelved drives the capacity, a few features and the inclusion of a 2.5 to 3.5" form factor adapter bracket.
The back of the package has some general information about the Vertex 2 and there are a couple of stickers here that will also be changed on the new extended drives.
The inner packaging remains the same. The drive is kept secure in the middle of closed cell foam with the adapter screws off to the side in a secure chamber. This sample of the Vertex 2 arrived with a paper document and a sticker, something that we didn't receive with our 100GB Vertex 2. The adapter plate was secured to the back of the foam and away from all of the other components.
Here we see the drive, adapter plate and screws for securing the two together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- DARPA developing vehicle disappearing technology
- 'Toy Story 4' delayed by a whole year
- Samsung didn't infringe on NVIDIA patents, judge says
- Microsoft goes on tour with HoloLens AR demos
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent