Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Buffalo HD-HXU3 is a single drive enclosure that is available in three different configurations. You can get the HD-HXU3 in 1, 1.5 or 2TB capacity sizes and MSRPs range from 199.99 to 399.99 USD. All three models come with Memeo's award winning data AutoBackup software and a USB 3.0 cable.
Even though USB 3.0 has an increased current limit to provide more power to a device, the HD-HXU3 uses a standard 3.5 inch form factor hard drive that requires 12 volt power, so an external power plug is included and needed to operate the enclosure. The power brick is auto ranging so you can use it in the U.S. or take it with you while traveling abroad.
No matter how you slice it, USB 3.0, for now, is all about the speed increase. Buffalo states a maximum read and write speed for the HD-HXU3 as being 130 MB/s, which is pretty average for a 1TB HDD. What is not stated is if the internals will support the new SATA 6 Gbps drives, but since the DriveStation is not designed to be taken apart easily we may never know what the speeds would be with a new Seagate Barracuda XT install.
Let's take a look at the packaging and get to some performance numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Tekken 7 launches on June 2, 2017 in the Americas
- The end of the world awaits in Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM