Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Our test sample came from Hitachi with a 500GB drive installed, but they also offer 320 and 250GB versions as well. All three models connect to your PC or MAC via USB 2.0 and on the exterior look the same. The SimpleTOUGH uses a 2.5 inch drive and with the case it is a little smaller than a standard 3.5 inch form factor drive. The drive weighs just a hair over a half pound, so it is fairly light; much lighter than the 3.5 inch form factor external drives.
Since the USB cable is attached to the drive, you will not have to worry about keeping track of a USB cable and since the drive only uses USB's 5 volt line, you will not need an external power source. These are both really nice features and set the bar very high for competing products.
After searching Google I was able to find our 500GB sample available for 121.00 USD, a fair price for such a large capacity drive with rugged features. The 250GB model was available for less than 100 USD and I even found one e-tailer offering a 640GB model that Simpletech didn't even have listed on their website for 149 USD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft rumored to launch Surface Phone in 2017
- Conjur up a free Blu-ray in our 'Conjuring 2' giveaway!
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Horizon: Zero Dawn's story will be 'hugely enjoyable'
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now