Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Our test sample came from Hitachi with a 500GB drive installed, but they also offer 320 and 250GB versions as well. All three models connect to your PC or MAC via USB 2.0 and on the exterior look the same. The SimpleTOUGH uses a 2.5 inch drive and with the case it is a little smaller than a standard 3.5 inch form factor drive. The drive weighs just a hair over a half pound, so it is fairly light; much lighter than the 3.5 inch form factor external drives.
Since the USB cable is attached to the drive, you will not have to worry about keeping track of a USB cable and since the drive only uses USB's 5 volt line, you will not need an external power source. These are both really nice features and set the bar very high for competing products.
After searching Google I was able to find our 500GB sample available for 121.00 USD, a fair price for such a large capacity drive with rugged features. The 250GB model was available for less than 100 USD and I even found one e-tailer offering a 640GB model that Simpletech didn't even have listed on their website for 149 USD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni