We have been doing a lot of RAID 0 testing here in the lab over the last two months and even more promotion of using solid state drives in desktops. By now everyone has heard how great SSDs are and now that prices are starting to enter Earth's stratosphere, it is time to get serious.
One problem with putting a solid state drive in your desktop PC is that no one has made a case with slots that accepts 2.5" form factor drives. Sure, you can do the old stack of drives at the bottom of the case or install the drives with just one screw holding it in place, but these are hardly solutions worthy of a 300-400 Dollar SSD. The server room has already migrated to the 2.5" form factor, but desktop guys will have to take matters in their own hands.
Enter the Vizo Arius II, a dual 2.5" drive bay that installs in a desktop 3.5" slot just like a floppy drive. The Arius has a couple of nice features that we will look at today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- WB delays Batman: Return to Arkham, devs need more time to polish
- New Windows 10 Anniversary Update release date leaked
- Doom update makes it feel more like the original
- Overwatch Competitive Mode launches on PC
- Amazon says you can have an Oculus Rift by tomorrow
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines