It seems of late Intel has stolen the spotlight well away from AMD and with the performance results of not only the Core 2 Duo and Quads based on the Penryn cores, but also the new Core i7, this has really put AMD on the back foot. This however hasn't stopped them from pushing forward and while Phenom II isn't all that we'd hoped for, it certainly does have its place, namely in the low cost PC/HTPC and cheaper gaming station markets.
Boards are still coming out for the new AM3 based CPUs and since they now support DDR2 and DDR3 on the same CPU, AMD hasn't cut its nose despite its face like they did with the transition from Socket 939 to AM2. The older generation of AMD users are still being catered for this time around.
Today ASUS has sent us their newest AM3 board based on AMD's top of the line 790FX chipset paired with the AMD 750SB, the latest controller hub with all the bells and whistles. Coming in at just under 200 USD from Newegg, this board looks like it could be a winner. Let's have a look and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair One: a new line of tiny, but powerful gaming PCs
- WikiLeaks: Apple Mac, iPhone firmware hacked by CIA
- AMD Ryzen 5 processors hit some retailers, 3 weeks early
- Madcatz delisted from New York Stock Exchange
- Director claims Rotten Tomatoes is 'destroying film'
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse