Having a look at the card we can see that TwinTech have opted for the Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo which is quickly becoming quite a popular cooler for mid-range NVIDIA cards. Across the bottom we can see four heat pipes that come straight out from where the core is and then move into a heap of fins.
Behind the two fans we can see all the aluminum fins and if you look carefully you can see two heat pipes behind each fan. We can see that TwinTech have placed a sticker above each fan to let us know the brand while we also have the model of the cooler in the middle.
Having a quick look around the card, there isn't anything we haven't seen on other GTS 250s; the back of the card gives us two 6-pin PCI-E power connectors, while closer to the front we have our two SLI connectors. We can see that TwinTech have also chosen to use a support bracket across the top of the card. From a practical stand point this prevents the card from bending; we have to say, though, it does make the card look a lot cooler as well.
Looking at the output side of things we can see that TwinTech have mixed it up a bit. While not only including the HDMI connector, they have still included two Dual-Link DVI connectors and quite often we see companies ditch a DVI connector and add a VGA one instead.
Being a part of the XT series the card is of course overclocked as we've already mentioned. While TwinTech haven't gone crazy with the clocks, they've given the card a slight bump which should warrant a little performance increase.
The core has moved from 738MHz to a more rounded 750MHz, while the shader clock has remained at the same 1836MHz. As for the 1GB of GDDR3 memory, that's moved from 200MHz DDR to 2250MHz DDR; not a huge overclock, but an overclock none the less.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.