We used PerformanceTest 6.1 by PassMark which you can find out more information about here. It has a handy Advanced Networking section which is perfect for our testing.
Doing our best to emulate a real-world performance scenario, I setup a HTPC (Windows Vista Ultimate (32-Bit), Intel Core 2 Duo E8200, 4GB DDR2, Intel DG45ID) and the client PC was an ASUS G2S -X1. The results were gathered by sending data from the ASUS notebook to the HTPC system at the same distance with different adapters and through the power line network, then determining the average transmission speed.
We compared the Air Live HP-3000E adapter set against the TRENDNet TPL-302E2K, TP-Link TL-WN821N and the TRENDNet TEW-645UB adapter on the ASUS G2S X1.
- Connection Speed
The Air Live HP-3000E connects at 200Mbps; this is its maximum theoretical speed.
While this does limit you in some ways, it is still above the requirements for most data needs and more than enough for SD and even HD video streaming. I did notice a slight fluctuation of speed when running on a surge protector, as the HP-3000E only connected at 100Mbps. There were also very large stutter issues when on the surge protector across all units in the set.
For my bandwidth tests I used Passmark in addition to streaming HD and SD video to the system from a QNAP TS-201 NAS (2x 1TB Seagate HDD). I streamed 720p video with 5.1 AC3 sound.
I was impressed that the HP-3000E allowed for seamless streaming of HD video and it even slightly outperformed the TPL-302E2K kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity