We used PerformanceTest 6.1 by PassMark which you can find out more information about here. It has a handy Advanced Networking section which is perfect for our testing.
Doing our best to emulate a real-world performance scenario, I setup a HTPC (Windows Vista Ultimate (32-Bit), Intel Core 2 Duo E8200, 4GB DDR2, Intel DG45ID) and the client PC was an ASUS G2S -X1. The results were gathered by sending data from the ASUS notebook to the HTPC system at the same distance with different adapters and through the power line network, then determining the average transmission speed.
We compared the Air Live HP-3000E adapter set against the TRENDNet TPL-302E2K, TP-Link TL-WN821N and the TRENDNet TEW-645UB adapter on the ASUS G2S X1.
- Connection Speed
The Air Live HP-3000E connects at 200Mbps; this is its maximum theoretical speed.
While this does limit you in some ways, it is still above the requirements for most data needs and more than enough for SD and even HD video streaming. I did notice a slight fluctuation of speed when running on a surge protector, as the HP-3000E only connected at 100Mbps. There were also very large stutter issues when on the surge protector across all units in the set.
For my bandwidth tests I used Passmark in addition to streaming HD and SD video to the system from a QNAP TS-201 NAS (2x 1TB Seagate HDD). I streamed 720p video with 5.1 AC3 sound.
I was impressed that the HP-3000E allowed for seamless streaming of HD video and it even slightly outperformed the TPL-302E2K kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- Switch to get 'continuous stream' of third-party games
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives