We used PerformanceTest 6.1 by PassMark which you can find out more information about here. It has a handy Advanced Networking section which is perfect for our testing.
Doing our best to emulate a real-world performance scenario, I setup a HTPC (Windows Vista Ultimate (32-Bit), Intel Core 2 Duo E8200, 4GB DDR2, Intel DG45ID) and the client PC was an ASUS G2S -X1. The results were gathered by sending data from the ASUS notebook to the HTPC system at the same distance with different adapters and through the power line network, then determining the average transmission speed.
We compared the Air Live HP-3000E adapter set against the TRENDNet TPL-302E2K, TP-Link TL-WN821N and the TRENDNet TEW-645UB adapter on the ASUS G2S X1.
- Connection Speed
The Air Live HP-3000E connects at 200Mbps; this is its maximum theoretical speed.
While this does limit you in some ways, it is still above the requirements for most data needs and more than enough for SD and even HD video streaming. I did notice a slight fluctuation of speed when running on a surge protector, as the HP-3000E only connected at 100Mbps. There were also very large stutter issues when on the surge protector across all units in the set.
For my bandwidth tests I used Passmark in addition to streaming HD and SD video to the system from a QNAP TS-201 NAS (2x 1TB Seagate HDD). I streamed 720p video with 5.1 AC3 sound.
I was impressed that the HP-3000E allowed for seamless streaming of HD video and it even slightly outperformed the TPL-302E2K kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last of Us 2 announced
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite announced, coming in 2017
- New Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset