The Patriot Extreme Performance Warp Series has become very popular with enthusiasts looking to get the latest SSD technology in their system. Last October we reviewed the Warp V2 128GB drive and were very pleased with the speed and price of the drive. Later Cameron took a set of 4 Warp V2 drives to the next level by placing them in a RAID array and the results were stunning. At CeBIT Patriot had a new Warp product on display; the Warp Version 3. We got goose bumps after hearing the specs list.
The third generation Warp drive is currently only available in 256GB capacity and uses a simulated RAID 0 technology internally to increase write speeds. The claimed read speed on the Warp V3 was quoted to us as 240 MB/s, so we are expecting to see some great numbers out of this drive. Hopefully these high synthetic numbers relate to a dose of intense real world performance.
Before you get wrapped up in performance, you have to prepare yourself for the cost to play at this level. As of today the Patriot Warp V3 is only a 256GB part and as such comes at a high cost. Newegg has the new V3 in stock for 595.00 USD. The G.Skill TITAN we reviewed a few weeks ago is now down to 525 USD. Let's see how the Warp V3 compares to the TITAN and all of our other selected 2.5 inch drives!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset