The Patriot Extreme Performance Warp Series has become very popular with enthusiasts looking to get the latest SSD technology in their system. Last October we reviewed the Warp V2 128GB drive and were very pleased with the speed and price of the drive. Later Cameron took a set of 4 Warp V2 drives to the next level by placing them in a RAID array and the results were stunning. At CeBIT Patriot had a new Warp product on display; the Warp Version 3. We got goose bumps after hearing the specs list.
The third generation Warp drive is currently only available in 256GB capacity and uses a simulated RAID 0 technology internally to increase write speeds. The claimed read speed on the Warp V3 was quoted to us as 240 MB/s, so we are expecting to see some great numbers out of this drive. Hopefully these high synthetic numbers relate to a dose of intense real world performance.
Before you get wrapped up in performance, you have to prepare yourself for the cost to play at this level. As of today the Patriot Warp V3 is only a 256GB part and as such comes at a high cost. Newegg has the new V3 in stock for 595.00 USD. The G.Skill TITAN we reviewed a few weeks ago is now down to 525 USD. Let's see how the Warp V3 compares to the TITAN and all of our other selected 2.5 inch drives!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017