Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Xigmatek shows off a few new tricks with the Thor's Hammer. This is the first of a kind from them with dual layered heat-pipes. They have the standard 8mm, H.D.T. pipes and this time there are four, doing the normal job of removing heat. Then, on top of that are three, 6mm, inner heat-pipes soldered into the aluminum base. Xigmatek also has the aluminum base extending into the three smaller aluminum alloy fins. The heat-pipes, all seven of them, on the other hand, rise past the initial three smaller fins and continue up into the unusual shaped 49 fins, but do not protrude through the top.
This cooler body is plated in black nickel coating, just like the Dark Knight which I will also soon test and review. With all this considered, finding that the Thor's Hammer weighs in at 800 grams is not a surprise. Remember, the overall size of this cooler may vary depending on the size of fans used. At minimum you need to add 50mm to the height measurement for a dual fan configuration, as Xigmatek recommends a 120 X 120 X 25mm fan to be used.
The second section of chart above is to show the specifics for the fans I actually tested with. I used the Yate Loon D12SH-12 as my choice of fans for three reasons. The first reason is that the Yate Loons have an air flow of 88 CFM at 2200 RPM and are on par with the ratings of most fans included on the premium coolers. Secondly, I happened to have a matched pair lying around to be able to use. Lastly and most importantly, they had the proper 3-pin connections to use in our testing rig. These fans are slightly on the loud side as I know firsthand from running them previously, but I feel they really fit the bill on all other aspects other than noise levels.
The Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384 is not currently available on store shelves, but it has been publically released, so expect shipments to hit e-tailers soon. Through some conversations with a Xigmatek representative, I was told that the projected retail pricing should be right around the $70 U.S. dollar mark, plus shipping. Since the Thor's Hammer comes packaged without a fan, plan to add just a bit more to your order as you may need to include a fan or two. In the instance of my testing fans, they were an additional seven dollars to get the pair to me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20