With some aggressive driver updates from the Catalyst driver team, the 9800 GTX+ manages to do a good job of keeping the HD 4850 at bay with it out performing the card most of the time.
Deciding which card to buy really comes down to your budget. Under $200 AUD you should look at the HD 4830; $200 AUD and you're better off looking at the HD 4850 while around the $220 AUD mark the 9800 GTX+ is the best option. If you want to spend a bit more you can get yourself an overclocked version which is going to yield a few more FPS again.
The Leadtek 9800 GTX+ is a pretty good card; its performance is pretty good for cost and it's also nice to see that Leadtek have included a full version game. Pricing is good, performance is good, the bundle is good and ultimately the 9800 GTX+ from Leadtek is a good all round graphics card for people who want to spend this money.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature & Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4